Iron-On Patch Instructions
All patches purchased from us at Winks For Days come with heatseal, also known as iron-on backing, unless otherwise specified. The adhesive is rated for up to 30 washes. Be advised that heatseal doesn't play well with nylon or other synthetic fabrics. For a more permanent bond, we recommend E6000 Craft Adhesive. These embroidered patches can also be glued or sewn onto garments if you prefer.
Please follow our comprehensive step-by-step guide below for applying our iron-on patches.
IRON-ON EMBROIDERED PATCH INSTRUCTIONS
*for best results, wash your garment before application
1. Set iron to medium-high heat.
Wait a couple of minutes, grab a drink, play some music, and let the iron get nice and hot.
2. Lay garment on hard surface.
3. Place patch face up wherever you’d like.
We’re almost certain you had an idea of where your Winks For Days patch was going to be placed before it arrived, but in case you didn’t, may we recommend:
- Shirts: 7" - 9" down from left shoulder seam, between center and side seam, or 4" - 6" to the right of center. Just don’t go below the armpit.
- Jackets, pants, and shorts: Cluster several patches in one area or iron-on a trail of patches down long sleeves or pant legs. The only way to mess this up is by not having enough patches!
- Hats: Front and center is the most popular location for one of our patches, about 0.5" from the bottom. Check our measurements to make sure that the patch you’re applying to the hat is no more than 5″ W x 2.5″H in size. Most of our patches that are approximately 2”W x 2”H are perfect for the front, back, or sides.
- Bags: Go crazy! Just watch out for seams, zippers, handles, or straps.
4. Cover with a piece of fabric.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.